Inspectors & Engineers company limited are the leading provider of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Services in Ghana. Nondestructive testing (NDT) is the process of inspecting, testing, or evaluating materials, components or assemblies for discontinuities, or differences in characteristics without destroying the serviceability of the part or system. In other words, when the inspection or test is completed, the part can still be used. NDT is used in almost every industry in the world since visual inspections (whether formalized or casual) take place in almost every workplace in some form or other.
Inspectors & Engineers company limited specializes in both conventional and advanced NDT services. The six most frequently used test methods are VT, PT, MT, UT, ET and RT and they are described below :
• Visual Testing (VT) A process of examining a component or piece of equipment using one’s naked eyes to look for flaws, using optical aids such as illuminators, mirrors, and borescopes.
• Liquid Dye Penetrant Testing (DPT) A non- destructive material testing method which uses capillary forces to find surface cracks or pores and make them visible. It mostly based on infiltration of liquid penetrant into open surface discontinuities.
• Magnetic Particle Testing (MPT / MPI) An inspection method used to identify defects on the surface of ferromagnetic materials by running a magnetic current through it to detect cracks, pores, cold lap and the lack of side wall fusion in welds.
• Ultrasonic Testing (UT) An NDT method of characterizing the thickness or internal structure of a test piece using high frequency sound waves. This method detects discontinuities in both surface and sub-surface of the test piece.
• Eddy Current Testing (ET) A method used in NDT making use of electromagnetic induction to detect and characterize surface and sub-surface flaws in conductive materials.